Council on Aging
The Council on Aging functions as a Board of Directors. The Council is composed of ten Reading citizens who have demonstrated a concern for and a commitment to the elderly. The Council is appointed by the Board of Selectmen.
Their responsibilities include:
1. Identifying the needs & interests of senior citizens and encouraging programs to address those needs and interests.
2. Educating the community about the needs of senior citizens.
3. Advocating for the elderly at the community, state and national levels.
4. Developing a network for information sharing.
5. Establishing policy direction to be implemented by Reading Elder Services.